Thursday, September 18, 2008

Santa Claus: The Movie - 1985



I vaguely recall this steaming pile of Dudley Moore-driven Cannon Films gold, but had no idea how badly my childhood must have been injured in watching this thing until I took a look at the trailer and felt my brain leak from my ears. Co-starring John Lithgow and directed by the same Frenchman who helmed Jaws 2 and Supergirl. I just can't say enough good things about children's films that deep end badly enough to inspire future sociopaths.


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

1 comment:

William Starbreaker said...

I fucking hate it when trailers start out badass and fantastical, only to end up being 100% retarded.

For example:

*trailer fades in*

Lo! A forgotten time of mighty deeds, enchanted blades, forests of ancient evils... maybe even a barbarian...

*reveal*

Bam! Some muskrat-faced adolescent is the Easter Bunny's nephew, and holy fuck! He has to save Easter from...
Unitarians! Did you know they worship blue hermaphrodites? It's true, I read it on the internets.